Wheel Coating Treatment
Wheel Coating Services
Why use a wheel coating?
- adds clear coat thickness to paint (approximately 1-2 microns)
- stays cleaner longer and resists contamination
- better UV, chemical etching, scratch, & mar resistance
- better gloss retention
- hydrophobic so water & dirt repels from the finish
- will not oxidize and can stand up to 1000 degrees
- does not degrade with strong degreasers or even acid based washes
HOW LONG DOES a wheel coating last?
WHEN should I apply a wheel coating?
HOW DO YOU APPLY THE WHEEL COATING?
- remove brake dust or dirt with proper chemicals, and in some cases CarPro Iron X for any iron deposits
- identify & remove contamination such as tar, adhesive residue, wheel weight marks, rubber, or brake dust
- polish applicable surfaces and remove any major defects in surface
- prep painted surface to apply coating & inspect for high spots
The wheel coating will initially cure in 12-24 hours, no chemicals should touch the surface. Coating will cure after 30 days with exposure to UV & heat.
Originally 1000 Miles on these Black C7 Wheels. Faces were machine polished to appropriately reduce defects, brighten finish, and ensure a good base for the coating.
CAN I NEVER WASH MY WHEELS OR RIMS?
No. You will still need to use basic car soap to clean your wheel coating treatment. Check out our Ultimate Wheel Care Guide for more solutions to your wheel cleaning. It is crucial to maintain the coating by doing annual decontaminations and waxing frequently.