Enhancement Detail: 1995 Porsche 993 911 Black
Vehicle: 1995 Porsche 911 993 Black
Condition: Paint readings on all surfaces and overall impression was a definite need for paint enhancement. Paint was somewhat soft, hence the ability for a good finishing polish and proper buffing technique to eliminate a huge amount of swirls. Pictures were a bit lacking due to time and sun constraints.
- document paint thickness, record visual condition, find wear and tear items, and inspect all surfaces
- vacuum any carpet surfaces by moving chairs, carpeting, trunk and gaps
- center console & all vinyl were scrubbed with a horsehair brush and Leatherique Prestine Clean
- leather & headliner front and back wipe down with Leatherique Prestine Clean
- carpets removed, cleaned with VX5000 steamer
- wheel cleaned with Griot’s Garage Wheel Cleaner, flushed the wells
- tires heavily degreased and treated with Prima Nero
- Body Wash with Meguiar’s Hyper Wash after polish
- claybar windows and paint. Worst areas were on the wing and roof.
- final polish with 3d Car Care HD Polish & Meguiar’s 205 Polish/ White Pad
- HD Speed for a polymer base, then lower sections and hard to reach areas done by hand (wheel jams, etc)
- HD Poxy as a protectant
- final wipe down of body with Meguiars Last Touch
- rear license plate area bracket removed, cleaned, polished, and sealed with Optimum Opti-Seal.
- engine bay lightly steamed and wipe down with Optimum Power Clean
- many hours spent with q-tips and towels to remove all the wax residue throughout every crack / seem on the vehicle.
- Trim protected with CarPro Perl, Ultima Tire & Trim
- Prima Hydro for small areas such as wheel jams
Initial test spot.
Not perfect, however we were looking for a good enhancement.
Quick pictures before NC snow rolls in!