Car Revival: 2004 Infiniti G35 Black with Paint Correction
Black Infiniti Revival Detail
Vehicle & Condition
This 2004 Infiniti G35 underwent a serious transformation due to neglect from the previous owner. We had to deal with overall dirt from being left underneath a tree, tons of paint chipping/gauges, paint splatter loss, and absolutely no protection for the vehicle. Our goal was to revive the vehicle without going concours style. Client requested if the headlights could be restored and Infiniti letters de-badged, both completed!
- document paint thickness, record visual condition, find wear and tear items, and inspect all surfaces
- vacuum any carpet surfaces by moving chairs, carpeting, trunk and gaps
- carpets removed, cleaned with VX5000 steamer, extracted with BioKleen Bac Out. Interior with Optimum Power Clean, Optimum Protectant Plus
- wheel cleaned with Griot’s Garage Wheel Cleaner, flushed the wheels wells. Some CarPro IronX was used to diagnose the condition of the wheels.
- tires heavily degreased and treated with Prima Nero
- Body Wash with Meguiar’s Hyper Wash
- Claybar & Nanoskin Scrub windows and paint
- HD Adapt with Rupes Polisher
- final polish with 3d Car Care HD Polish & Meguiar’s 205 Polish/ White Pad
- HD Speed for a polymer base, then lower sections and hard to reach areas done by hand (wheel jams, etc) & HD Adapt
- final wipe down of body with Meguiars Last Touch
- rear license plate area bracket removed, cleaned, polished, and sealed with Optimum Opti-Seal.
- many hours spent with q-tips and towels to remove all the wax residue throughout every crack / seem on the vehicle.
- Trim protected with CarPro Perl, Ultima Tire & Trim, Poorboy’s Trim Restorer
- Prima Hydro for small areas such as wheel jams
Click for in process Revival Pictures